Thursday, December 27, 2012

The greatest gift of Christmas

First I would like to wish those who celebrate Christmas a Merry Christmas!!! If you don't then I hope you had a good week and didn't catch thus nasty flu death bug that is going around. I on the other hand did lol. I am writing to you from a DayQuil induced coma which is better then the NyQuil induced coma I was in Christmas night. I have lived off of NyQuil/Dayquil,, Tylenol, cough drops, throat spray, ginger ale, pudding and an insane amount of Kleenex after the hospital told me I had the killer "Captain Trips" flu Christmas night., I am finally functional after drugging myself and sleeping for 19 hours so if your sick that's my recommendation lol.

Ok Christmas.... This year has been very tough on money so Santa delivered the lost presents that fell out in his sleigh to my house leaving the tree somewhat bare. However my favorite gift that I am so thankful for this Christmas was taking my little minions to Christmas Eve Mass and Applebee's where they left a napkin covered in "Merry Christmas" and our families names for our waiter. He was very attentive and friendly despite having to work on Christmas Eve. He made sure my kids were happy and their chocolate milk never ran out but most of all he kept a huge friendly smile on his face which we all returned. After dinner we went home and curled up under a blanket and watched All Dogs Go To Heaven before I tucked my most cherished pieces of my life into bed to wait for Santa. Of course during the night Santa ate his cookies and forced down almost 16 ounces of milk before leaving presents under the tree that the cats immediately went to investigate. This was followed by some sleep then little footsteps and voices coming up the stairs at 730 in the morning. I only got upset at the hour for about two, seconds before my Christmas spirit which had been lacking all season kick in and I realized how absolutely grateful and lucky I was to hear that sound. My beautiful children came up to me and told me Santa had come!!! After holding down the poor cat for a few minutes and jumping on the dog they decided it was time to open their gifts. Now daddy didn't get much sleep the night before but the kids were good sports and waited about an hour for daddy to actually get out of bed and go buy everyone coffee and orange juice. My minions each got one "big gift" and a few small gifts. My daughter who's eight, got her very own Kindle (the original eBook reader) because she loves to read and has recently started reading the Harry Potter books. She was ecstatic and had read two books after we got her all registered and set up. My son who is four got a VSmile with six games but my daughter liked it more. Why? Because he got LEGOS!!!!!! Sadly my son know he got Legos just by picking up the wrapped tub. He is just like me lol. He got a Lego airplane last year so we got him a huge tub with like five different projects in it including a space rover this year. He barely made it through unwrapping the rest of his gifts because he just wanted to build cars with his Legos lol. After family play time we went out to fulfill my husbands Jewish Christmas tradition of Chinese food. The little man just wanted five gallons of ice cream and my daughter octopus ::gag:: which turned into real food and tons of desert after for everyone but me. I ate chocolate pudding, I'm sick remember! Don't judge me lol.

This brings my Christmas holiday to a close. I'm not grateful for the gifts or the food, yes they were nice but that's not what the holiday is about, for me at least. I enjoyed my family. They are the greatest gift god could give me this Christmas season.
(I could have done without the flu however)

I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that it continues into the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment